POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV-Rim : Re: POV-Rim Server Time
7 Aug 2024 21:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Rim
From: Kyle
Date: 24 Nov 2005 10:41:15
Message: <1jmbo1dov4svle32g0u02pbh5s3bes1h3j@4ax.com>
>The wheel looks nice but looks very synthetic given that you've used one of
>the HDRI probes as the background.  Was it rendered using HDRI?  Might be
>worthwhile re-running with some nice shiny metal textures see how it looks!
> Nice work though.

Yes, HDRI was used.  It is a shiny metal texture.  Notice the
reflections of the probe in the rim?  This was just a quick run with
low radiosity settings to see the result.  There are many artifacts
though.  I was mainly concerned with the CSG and a rough idea of how
the textures would look with radiosity.  I figured I'd post it since
it came out ok.

Thanks,

Kyle